April 19, 2009

Rock N Ribs 09'

Rock N Ribs was a success this year despite the weather. Ayden and I had a great time sampling the BBQ, goofing off and getting soaked. The picture above was taken by a guy at the Springfield News-Leader. He had asked for Ayden's information and that if it would be OK if it was in the paper. I was pretty excited thinking it would make the Sunday paper. Well it did make the website ( http://tinyurl.com/d3o7vf ) but not the paper. Oh well, the day was a lot of fun and by the end of it Ayden and I were soaked to the bone! I am proud to say that he did make it over this HUGE puddle above. It's funny because from the looks of it, he's a little short. I guess that's why they say never believe what you hear and only half of what you see. Ayden managed to also splash the guy taking the photo so maybe that played a role in getting snubbed for the paper. A little rebel.

I found out Ayden has a real love for BBQ. The kid ate twice his weight consisting of pulled pork and beef brisque. He said he was still hungry once we started getting drenched and had to leave. It's exciting to know his love of BBQ since I also love it! It means he's ready for Chief games and helping the old man out fixing BBQ in the future. Just another thing I look forward to sharing with him.

No comments: