January 23, 2007

What do YOU call it?

I Love my Son.

I believe everyone is born with this inner voice within themselves. At certain times in a persons life this voice really guides them to make the decisions that must be made, to think and ponder the thoughts that must be pondered. I believe this voice is sometimes loud and clear while at other times so faint and distant that you really would swear it didn't exist.

Some people like to give this "voice" other names or might describe it in other ways like "trusting their gut" or "listening to their soul". Some may even go as far as calling it "God speaking to them" if they so desire. I believe that it really doesn't matter what you call it or how you describe it, as long as you listen. Always listen.

You must put pride to the side and sometimes even good common sense if your "voice" tells you different. You might even have to go out on a limb at times to follow the "voice". You could be called crazy or even stupid following that "feeling" with many names. I believe we are all installed with it and given this gift for reason and purpose.

So how do I teach Ayden to always, regardless of the circumstances, follow the "gift"?

To make a point in his life to always involve this inner "what ever you call it" in every decision.
No matter the size or importance of the decision. If the "voice" speaks, you listen.

To never let Love, Trust, or someones Word sway him from listening to "it" first.

To have him understand that at times when the voice could be the most help, it might be inaudible. Other times when the world might get in the way of a "shouting" voice, he must still listen to it regardless of the cost.

To drop any distraction that may come along to "follow the gut".

I never want to see my son hurt. I know it's going to happen more than once, but if I can avoid him enduring even the slightest pain, I will do what I must. Along a long list of things I hope I can show and teach him, trusting his "inner voice" will rank among one of the highest.

I Love my Son.

No comments: